My Post-Workout Spiritual PracticeFeb 02, 2023
As you go about your day today stay laser focused on who and what is most important to you.
For myself that is God, myself, my family, and those I have the honour to serve.
These days everything is documented, filmed, captured, and posted.
In my "past life" as a health and fitness influencer I couldn't get through a single workout without capturing a move or thinking about posting on social media.
I couldn't eat a snack without thinking I had to post about it.
I also couldn't go on a date, go to a conference, have lunch with a friend, take my kids to the park, or go on a vacation without posting about it.
The truth is during that time in my life I thought I was doing the "right" thing...
But there was a part of me that knew I deserved better as I was putting everyone else's needs above my own.
I missed out on so many years of my life during this time simply because I was never present.
Not only did that lack of true presence and connection ruin my health, my relationships, and my enjoyment in life, but it also didn't help my finances or actually grow my business...
My body started to shut down and I started to have regular panic attacks.
I knew I had to slow down and start doing life differently and much better!
Deep down I felt unworthy, not good enough, and all I knew was working hard to "get ahead" and trying everything in my own strength and my own power.
Now I do life differently and I thank God he came and saved me when he did because I didn't think I was going to make it.
Hustling and Grinding is no longer part of my vocabulary...
Alignment, Acceptance, Peace, Grace, Love, Worthiness, and Joy.
Today I wanted to share with you my post-workout spiritual routine because that's just as equally important to me as my morning routine.
Priming yourself for the day will set you apart from the rest of the world and give you an extra boost in ALL areas of your life.
1. After my workout I of course stretch and cool down. But then I hit my knees. Child's pose is where I give thanks for my life, my body and surrender my life to God.
Every day I give thanks, and ask or strength, protection, courage, and whatever else I feel I need to get myself through the day and do what I am called to do. I ask God for anything I need. Then I ask these questions...
What would you have me do today?
Where would you have me go?
What would you have me say, write, or speak today?
Then I wait for the answers...
THAT is how I plan my day out.
I don't actually schedule, have a check list, or block time like your typical Type A person as I tried that once.
I have come to know that I love going with the flow and I love time freedom to be creative and to do what I want to do, WHEN I want to do it.
I hate being busy and I hate jam packed schedules and back to back meetings, so I don't do any of those things.
I also don't sit down on Sundays, look at my calendar for hours, or plan my yearly or quarterly goals out. I never preplan my social media content out either or follow someone else's rules or scripts. Everything I do is when I am in spirit and connected. Nothing is forced.
I know what I am working towards, what needs to get done, and don't need to be a control freak about it.
2. Next up, I lay on my back in corpse pose and open myself up fully. Picture Jesus on a cross sprawled out in all his glory. I will put on some sort of soft music and just breathe. Then comes the best part.
3. I do a body scan. From the tips of my toes, to the top of my head I ask to be filled with light and love. I give thanks and send love to every single part of my body. Including my private parts and organs. I spent many years hating my body, and trust me.. That will never work.
4. If I feel any tension or pain in my body, or feel I am holding onto any negative emotions, I will stop and breathe into it. I will ask the pain what it's there to teach me. I will wait to hear for an answer. Then if I need to make changes in my life, make modifications to my nutrition or workouts, I act in accordance with what I know to be true.
5. When I get to my heart space I pause. I breathe even deeper and then ask the little child inside of me what she needs, and what I can do for her. Often times she responds with "I need your love, your acceptance, your praise and your belief". Sometimes she responds with "I need some cookies, a nap, and a break".. lol - So I picture my little 3 year old self and hold her. In my mind I tell her how amazing she is and how much I love her. I tell her that she is protected, loved, safe and that I've got her back and that I am so proud of her. I honour her, notice and validate her.
6. I will usually lay there a little while longer and if I feel like I need some extra guidance I will call upon my angels and my departed loved ones. I connect with my mother, my grandmother, and even my sons father who is always on the other side. If you are still enough you will hear their whispers. You can ask them for guidance, advice or even a sign. Trust that they are there, because they are always with you. Always.
7. Then I will get up, clean up my workout space, write or speak if I am directed from source to do so, and go make my post-workout recover shake. Then hit the shower and try to get myself ready before all 3 kids wake up. Some days are better than others.
Then it's breakfast, usually some form or whining or bickering from siblings getting into it before 7:30am, and then it's off to school, then back home to work for the day.
So, there you have it.
Do you have a spiritual practice?
Have you tried any of the above yet?
Be open to trying something new. Give it a go and just see how much happier, healthier and lighter you feel.
Have the best day!
Find Your Joy Again!
If you spend time on social media, you may have found yourself comparing your own life to your friends, family, total strangers, and celebrities.
You might find yourself feeling less than, struggling with feelings of unworthiness and your confidence, and health can be in the gutter.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.